the art of rambling for the whole internet to see
One exciting thing that happened at Avid HQ in 2016 was we welcomed two new team members! Kristen Le was with Avid previously as a designer and has come back as our Creative Director. Kristen’s initial passion for design was centered in typography (talk to her about fonts), but her foray into event and project management for businesses has led to some unique skills she’s brought back to Avid—for her work in event marketing and management, Kristen won an award for Most Creative Marketing Initiative. In her spare time Kristen enjoys working with Radio Free Minturn in programming and PSA’s as well as on-air announcing.
Also new to Avid (and Colorado!) as our Marketing Director is Leah Williams, a writer and digital media strategist from Texas. Her background is in professional film production, and her writing has appeared in Oprah Magazine, The Atlantic, and she makes her comic book debut with Marvel Comics in March 2017. Leah’s background in digital video and Kristen’s background in...read more
We are are looking for a passionate Social Media and Marketing person to become the newest rock star on the team. Interested?
- Assist the Marketing Coordinator with client strategy and campaign efforts
- Develop and manage social media campaigns for multiple clients (posting, monitoring, commenting, messaging, building content, blogging etc.)
- Manage and execute Facebook Ad campaigns
- Manage client online presence including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Yelp, Trip Advisor, etc.
- Research and maintain expertise across social media platforms
- Analyze and provide reporting for Google Analytics and social media campaigns
- Facilitating website updates including new events, specials, etc. via CMS/Admin areas
- Provide project management services and maintain client relations
- Must work on site
- Have a strong understanding of social media channels/marketing skills
- Have a strong understanding of Google Analytics
- Have a strong research and...read more
In one our biggest website transformations ever, Avid Design and our client, National School of Dental Assisting, proudly unveiled NSDA’s new and improved Learning Management System (LMS) recently, complete with responsive design, e-commerce, email collection and the integration of a third party blog software.
The National School of Dental Assisting, owned and operated since 2001 by Dr. G. Peter Najim, DDS and Zoe C. Najim, MST, offers education programs that enable students to quickly and affordably obtain the skills and professional certification necessary to secure a position as a dental assistant. NSDA offers a hands-on clinical Dental Assisting Program, as well as an online Dental Front Office course, and has campuses located in: Broomfield, Denver, Fort Collins, Grand Junction and Pueblo, CO, as well as in Carson City and Reno, NV, North Dallas and Houston, TX, Puyallup and Vancouver, WA, and Stockton, CA. Their aim is to provide effective, affordable training that is...read more
Vail Integrative Medical Group, is a nationally renowned clinic specializing in a comprehensive 'team' approach to sports and spinal injuries. Their doctors, therapists and staff are recognized specialists in their fields, and have extensive knowledge and experience. The VIMG team are considered pioneers and leaders, by combining the best from individual disciplines to work collaboratively in the treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, while promoting prevention and wellness.
In its third iteration, the content manageable VailHealth.com website has a fresh new look, complete with responsive design that enables patients to have the best user experience possible, regardless of the device they use to view the site on. Also new to VailHealth.com is an integrated WordPress blog for Dr. Joel and his team at VIMG to share helpful information for their patients, as well as email...read more
As web designers, our goal is always to create a smooth user experience that gets our clients' messaging across with clarity and style. To accomplish this, we tend to incorporate a variety of current web design trends that seem to be proliferating the world of web design these days.
Many of these trends are inspired by the ever-increasing use of mobile web browsing. Back in May, Google searches on mobile overtook Google searches on desktop. Since then, mobile has only become more widely used. Here are some fast facts:
- Total activity on smartphones and tablets accounts for over 62% of digital media time spent (ComScore)
- More than 75 percent of all Americans who use the Internet (age 18+) now access digital content on both desktop an mobile devices (increase from 68% last year)
- 21% of Millennials no longer using desktop computers to go online
- The age 55+ consumer segment is the fastest growing faction of mobile users. 74% of them are either multi-platform users or mobile-only. ...read more
It is not often today when your expectations are not only met but exceeded. That is exactly what Brad and his team did for our website design and development. The result is a website our business... read more